Double R Group works with incredible people and businesses who help make our visions become a reality. We would like to introduce you to Skyline Surveyors and their Director and Consulting Cadastral Surveyor, Corey James, who has worked with us for a number of years.
Skyline Surveyors has more than 30 years’ experience in surveying and all their fieldwork is completed using properly calibrated modern equipment suitable for any job, ranging from a residential allotment to a large-scale engineering project. Let’s find out a bit more about Skyline’s Surveyman…
- Name: Corey James
- Title: Director and Consulting Cadastral Surveyor
- Organisation: Skyline Surveyors
- Where did you grow up and what school did you go to? I’m a Queenslander through and through where I spent my early school years in Sunshine Beach, Innisfail, Gold Coast and then most of my high school years at St Patricks in Gympie.
- What is your role and what are your key responsibilities? I’m the Principal Surveyor for a number of Double R Group projects and this involves providing advice and surveying for land and building subdivisions.
- What do you love most about your job? The diversity of work certainly keeps things interesting. No two days are ever the same. My team are great people to work with. And the clients who value what we do (like Double R Projects!) make it all the more worthwhile.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? A good reputation will follow you from job to job, but a bad reputation will beat you there.
- What’s your favourite family tradition? Friday night movie night with my two favourite people, my daughter Madeline and wife Amber… and a good bottle of Brockenchack Shiraz, Cab Sav or Pinot Noir always polishes the night off nicely.
- What’s your favourite spot on the Sunshine Coast? Anywhere on the water, whether it be by boat, or surfboard.
- What exciting opportunities are there for your organisation in the months ahead? More Double R Projects hopefully!